Are you Planning to Emigrate?
We can help you pass your IELTS exam first time!
For many South Africans wanting to emigrate, a requirement is that they verify their level of English by taking the IELTS test. Many people believe that because they speak English fluently that the IELTS test won’t be a problem. But the truth is that the IELTS test is a challenging and demanding test that isn’t as easy as you may think. Very specific strategies need to be employed when taking the test in order to reach your aim.
Get Expert Advice and Avoid the Stress
You have enough to worry about in getting ready to emigrate – struggling to get the score you need shouldn’t be one of your concerns! Our IELTS preparation programs have proven to be invaluable to our clients. By getting expert advice and guidance as well as good practise in preparation for the IELTS test, our clients have all achieved the results that they needed.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Friendly and professional assistance.
- A complete breakdown of the different test sections helping you to understand what to expect.
- In-depth strategizing and the valuable exam skills needed to answer each part of the test successfully.
- Detailed instruction from our qualified trainers.
- Continuous support and feedback.
- Official IELTS practice materials are used.
“I highly recommend this course to anyone that needs to pass their IELTS test.” – Angelika.
“Without taking this course I would never have known what was expected of me” – Anton.
“A well organised course and knowledgeable teacher who made the workshop very interesting and helpful. I will recommend this course to anyone that needs to study.” – Natalia.
“I would highly recommend this course! It was well organised and the teacher’s hands-on approach made me feel comfortable enough to express my views and ask questions. The teacher’s commitment and passion towards assisting me in achieving my goals exceeded my expectations. I am able to take and use the tools given and now put them into practise.” – Leanne.
“So helpful! The skills I got helped me so much.” – Tarik.
Full Day Workshop
- Held the Saturday before each IELTS test.
- Expect intensive instruction providing a complete outline of the test.
- Get strategies to deal with each section of the test.
TIMES: 9:00 to 16:30
PLEASE NOTE: No pre-course assessment is done for the workshop.
- Get individual and personalized attention from one of our qualified trainers.
- Your lessons will deal with any specific concerns that you may have.
- Benefit from your trainer’s knowledge to focus on any problem areas that you may have.
TIMES: Dependent on teacher availability.
COST: R350 per hour
Online IELTS Course
- Work from home at your own pace.
- Provides a complete overview of the IELTS test.
- You will receive detailed guidance on essential exam strategies.
- Skype is used to provide individual feedback.
TIMES: This depends on you
What Score do you Need?
A number of Commonwealth countries use IELTS scores as proof of prospective immigrant’s competence in English. Each country has different score requirements for different types of visa. Below are some examples, but it is best to check with the immigration agent you are dealing with.
- Competent English (IELTS Score 6.0): ENS and RSMS visas through the Direct Entry Stream, Skilled Migration.
- Proficient English (IELTS Score 7.0): Points Tested Skills visas (to obtain 10 points).
- Superior English (IELTS Score 8.0): Points Tested Skills visas (to obtain 20 points).
- Skilled Migrant: Principle applicant must achieve an IELTS score of 6.5, partners and children aged 16 and over must achieve 5.0.
- Business Categories: Principle applicants must achieve an IELTS score of 5.0.
Canada uses the Canadian Language Benchmarks and prospective immigrants are expected to score between 4.0 to 7.0 depending on the visa category they require.
A Brief Outline of the IELTS Test
The International English Language Testing System (or IELTS as it’s commonly known), is a high quality, internationally recognized English language evaluation of great accuracy and integrity. The IELTS test system is extremely reliable and is an accurate assessment of a person’s English language ability. The test is specifically taken by people who are looking to study internationally or to verify their language ability for immigration purposes.
There are two versions to the test: the Academic version and the General Training version.
- IELTS Academic is intended for those who want to enroll in universities and other institutions of higher education, and for professionals such as medical doctors and nurses who want to study or practise in an English-speaking country.
- IELTS General Training is intended for those planning to undertake non-academic training or to gain work experience, or for immigration purposes.
IELTS is accepted by most Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand academic institutions, by over 3,000 academic institutions in the United States, and by various professional organisations across the world.
IELTS is the only Secure English Language Test approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for visa customers applying both outside and inside the UK. It is also a requirement for immigration to Australia and New Zealand. In Canada, IELTS, TEF, or CELPIP are accepted by the immigration authority.
In 2014, 2.5 million tests were taken in more than 140 countries. In 2007, IELTS administered more than one million tests in a single 12-month period for the first time ever, making it the world’s most popular English language test for higher education and immigration.