English One commemorates the contribution of Seafarers to our world
Yesterday was the International Day of the Seafarer. We would like to take this opportunity to recognize the invaluable work that seafarers do for our world. Without you guys we wouldn’t have food, clothes, cars, computers, furniture, oil etc etc!
Take a moment to see what a career at sea looks like, and then see how we can help you achieve this.
Here at English One we can help you reach your dreams of working at sea by assisting you in being able to communicate perfectly in English.
The Maritime English course is developed in accordance with the IMO Model Course 3.17: Maritime English.
Our Maritime English course is designed to:
- aid students in developing the essential professional language required by the Maritime industry.
- increase student’s confidence and effectiveness when communicating in English.
- provide a solid foundation of General English.
- Health, safety, and security on-board.
- Handling emergency situations.
- Effective communication in on-board situations, ship to shore and ship to ship scenarios.
- Communication with shore-side authorities.
- Customer service on Cruise and Passenger carrying ships.
- Use of English (General English).
- A strong focus on the skills of Writing, Reading, Listening and Speaking as well as intense Vocabulary development.
- Ship handling
- On-board operations
- IMO Standard Marine Communication Phrases
If you are interested in taking this course please contact us.