0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Points Earned: of ()
You are going to listen to a recording of a man making a reservation at a hotel.
STEP 1: Context & Key language
The context of this question is making a hotel reservation, so think of all the language you are likely to hear:
Booking, booked, check-in date, check-out date, reservation number, reserve, availability, space, room, type of room, suite, double, single, ocean view, balcony, valet service, room service, bar fridge, rate, price, cheap, expensive, deposit, payment, porter, bellboy, laundry service.
STEP 2: Look for specific information in the questions
- Question 1 could be asking for a number.
- Questions 2 & 6 obviously want a date.
- Question 3 could require specific information (single room/double room etc).
- Questions 4 & 7 need an amount/a number.
- Question 8 needs a name (listen carefully for the spelling)
- Also note that Question 7 can give you a clue to the answer for Question 5.
Now listen to the recording and check your predictions:
Fill in the missing information using no more than three words and/or a number
3. Room Type:
4. Price: $ + 10% room tax
7: Non-smoking Room Price: $ + 10% room tax
8: Name: Bob