Why study English at
Why study English at
Please complete this form to apply for our next TEFL course.
Date of Birth
Which version of the course are you applying for?
Full time course
How did you hear about our TEFL course?
I agree to the Terms and Conditions
• Cash payments, card payments or EFTs are accepted.
• For EFTs, proof of payment must accompany the Application Form.
• All fees must be received in full 10 days prior to the course start date.
• Attendance of all lessons. Any student who is absent for more than 10% of the course will not be eligible for a certificate. When necessary, students need to notify the course facilitator when they won’t be able to attend a class and to make arrangements to make up any missed work.
• All course assignments need to be successfully completed. These include, but are not restricted to, planning and teaching of lessons, written assignments, programme evaluation, self-assessments and teaching practicals.
• Active participation in the course is expected. Students need to participate fully in both the theoretical and practical classes, and at all times be supportive and respectful with their peers, students and facilitators.
‘Cancellation’ refers to the period up to the start date of the first course you are attending. Any cancellations must be done in writing to English One.
• A full refund, less a 10% administration fee, will apply for all cancellations received more than 7 days prior to the course commencement.
• No refund will be due for cancellations received less than 7 days prior to commencement. The fees will be held as a credit until such time as the student is able to attend a future course within a one-year period. A credit letter will be supplied.
• In all cases bank transfer or credit card fees, differences due to currency exchange rate changes, and any other service charges are non-refundable.
‘Termination’ means stopping or leaving all or part of the course or courses booked, including extensions, once the first class has started. In all cases, no refunds will be made after the commencement of the course.
• No fees will be refunded for failure to arrive or register at English One, and any study visas will be cancelled two weeks after the planned arrival date.
• If a student cannot complete their course, a credit note will be issued for the remainder of the course.
• Courses or credit notes are not transferable.
• Periods of absence due to illness or accident are not refundable.
• Students who terminate their program may not be eligible to receive their certificate.
English One reserves the right to cancel the course due to insufficient student numbers. Should a course be cancelled, English One will issue a full refund, less a 10% administration fee.
SCHOOL RULES AND STUDENT CONDUCT
• Students are required to adhere to English One’s rules and regulations at all times.
• Tolerance of other’s beliefs and cultures is expected at all times and any form of prejudice and/or bullying will result in immediate expulsion.
• Any damage caused to school property and/or equipment will be replaced/repaired at the expense of the student responsible.
• Should a student not follow the school rules and regulations, have insufficient attendance, commit a criminal act, provide false information, engage in aggressive or disorderly conduct or any other actions that may bring English One into disrepute may result in the student being expelled from the school without any refund. Repatriation will be at the student’s cost.
• Complaints about English One’s courses or services should be made immediately to ensure a prompt response. All complaints will be registered. Complaints made after the student has ended their course will not be accepted.
• English One reserves the right to use student’s pictures and/or work may be for promotional or marketing material, unless expressly requested not to.
• Students are not insured by English One against illness, accident, theft or any loss of personal effects. English One or its representatives cannot accept responsibility for any accident occurring during a course, on or off the course premises, on excursions or during activities. Full personal insurance cover should be taken out to include medical and any other expenses and also loss of fees should the whole or part of a course or any activity, paid in advance, not be attended.
• By clicking AGREE, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Place of jurisdiction in the event of any dispute is the courts of Cape Town, South Africa.